From ugly apples to amazing dessert! The apple crumble is a perfect way to transform unattractive or overripe apples into a sweet golden goodness. The smell of cinnamon and apple is heavenly and the taste is just gorgeous!
3 medium apples1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/4 cup water
For the Crumble:
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/3 cup oats
1. Wash the apples. Peel, core and dice it.
2. Preheat your oven to 180C. Combine and cook the apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon powder and add some water in a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir for 3 minutes until the apple is slightly softened.
3. To make the crumble, mix the flour, sugar, oats and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to spread the butter into the flour combination until the blend looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Put the apples into a 3 cup-limit ovenproof container, drain off the majority of the fluid.
5. Sprinkle the crumble mix over the apples. Heat in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.