Preparation Time: 30 mins plus 30 mins chilling | Cook Time: 8-12 minutes | Makes: 24 Biscuits
What you need:
- 200g Lurpak® Unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 300g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat the oven to 180.C/ 160.C fan/ gas mark 6
- In a large bowl, beat together the Lurpak® and sugar until light and fluffy. You can also do this in a food processor.
- Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and finally the flour to make a dough. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour.
- Remove the dough and roll out on a floured work surface to about .cm in
- Using assorted cookie cutters, cut out the dough and place onto a lined baking tray. Re-roll the off-cuts and repeat until all the dough is used up. Place the biscuits in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 8-12 minutes or until just coloured on the edges.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and cool on a wire rack before decorating with icing.
- To make the icing sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, adding more if needed to make a thick paste.
- Decorate the biscuits and leave on a wire rack for the icing to set. If you want to use them as Christmas decorations, skewer a hole in the top of each biscuit just before baking and thread through ribbon or string.
More Lurpak products: https://www.winners.mu/lurpak